Monday, September 03, 2007

Better late than never... the Art Show Report.

I've been meaning to write about this show for a while. Since we took it down two days ago, I think I'm a little late.







These are pieces that collaborated on with my friend Sgott MacKenzie. They are large metal shapes made by Sgott, with hand-dyed and embroidered fabric inserts made by me. They are based on the four suits in a deck of cards.












































Here is some other work from Sgott:

These are paintings with large metal frames over them.




























Metal squid sculpture.



























Sgott's friend Elaine Chung was also in the show. My pictures of her work came out awful, but her drawings are amazing. Here is one of my photos:



























You can see better images of her work here.

1 comment:

firstborn studio said...

these pieces are amazing....truly one of a kind,great collaboration!


oooo yeah,i tagged you kiddo,check my blog....